About the Program
Join attorneys from Duane Morris' Business Reorganization and Financial Restructuring Practice Group for a discussion on the workout process, especially the complexities involved for cannabis companies. Topics to be discussed include:
- When and why to file bankruptcy
- An overview of how assets and companies are structured and the implications for debtors and lenders
- Why Chapters 7 and 11-13 bankruptcies wouldn't work for a domestic cannabis company
- Using Chapter 15 for larger, multinational cannabis companies, especially for a Canadian parent company with operations in the United States
- Proactive solutions to prospective lenders on how to best secure themselves in view of the bankruptcy limitations
- Reviewing transaction documents to asses "what if" case scenarios
- Case study of iAnthus: How documents were drawn up, issues or "surprises" encountered, document drafting on the front end of transactions and nonstandard provisions
- Christopher M. Winter, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Lawrence J. Kotler, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Moderator: Paul P. Josephson, Partner and Team Lead, Duane Morris Cannabis Industry Group
About the Series
The Duane Morris Cannabis Industry Group returns with its series of webinars reviewing issues and developments affecting the cannabis industry. Each session will feature a specific topic, discuss the legal and business implications and provide insight on key matters.
A video replay of the webinar, "Cannabis 401: How to Prevent Your Cannabis Investment from Going Up in Smoke: Tips for Having a Successful Cannabis Workout," is available to view.
Disclaimer: This Alert has been prepared and published for informational purposes only and is not offered, nor should be construed, as legal advice. For more information, please see the firm's full disclaimer.