Day after day we are experiencing a new difficulty as we move towards the end of the year 2020 and we are coming stronger than ever and so is the government of every country by implementing rules and regulations to safeguard the interest of their residents.
Most middle-eastern countries have relaxed the travel restrictions and fines imposed on residents failing to exit the country within time due to unexpected circumstances and issues. Travel limitations, temporary closure of public areas, upgrade bundles and an expansion in social healthcare services have all been executed over the locale, with changes to the treatment of guests and visa applications being reported in light of movement limitations. Immigration lawyers consider this appropriate to discuss the recent changes in the immigration laws in UAE.
Extension of Resident Visa
The country has extended all sorts of visa issued to the individuals in UAE with an intention to ease the adherence with the immigration requirements during the global pandemic. It is most certainly will allow residents stuck in the country with expired visa to exit without any specific fines. In addition, the Ministry of Immigration has issued following relaxations to residents:
- Visa, Emirates ID and resident permits expired post 01 March 2020 will be extended till 31 December 2020 and the residents will be allowed to renew their visa or exit the country within that time period.
- The extension of visas are applicable to both the residents living within the country and outside
- Importantly, the fines imposed by the government for overstaying on temporary visa will be waived off until 31 December 2020.
- The UAE keeps on actualizing measures because of COVID-19. The country suspended international flights and dropped section allows so as to slow the spread of the coronavirus. The visa legitimacy expansion is uplifting news for employers as well as employees, as it will ease consistence with movement prerequisites for foreign nationals and as of 02 April 2020, the government is not issuing resident visa until any further notice.
Restricted entry to UAE for Resident visa holders
Apart from the foregoing, the government has issued some restrictions on resident visa holders outside the country, which are as follows:
- All UAE residents holding valid UAE visa and are currently outside the country many not be allowed to enter the country, until further notice
- The residents who wish to enter the country must seek approval from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and seek permission to travel within the country
- Repatriation flights are operating for those who wish to leave the country based on their circumstances and emergency to travel.
- As of a recent update, foreign expatriates willing to return to the country and holding valid resident visa can return only by submitting application to Federal Identification and Citizenship post 01 June 2020
- The applications shall reflect the reason for entering the country and it is the discretion of the authority to allow them to enter the country, whereas medical staff, teachers and pregnant ladies will be given top priority.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.