Nearly one year into the COVID-19 pandemic and many US green card holders are facing a difficult dilemma: risk losing their permanent resident status (and green card) or defy travel restrictions and put their and others' health at risk. There are options to re-enter the US to maintain permanent resident status, of course with many considerations for specific situations.
Klasko employment-based attorneys Bill Stock and Oliver Yang discuss the options and factors to consider:
- Can a green card holder re-enter the U.S. after spending more than one year abroad?
- Can you lose your permanent resident status?
- What can green card holders expect at a US port of entry?
- When should you consult an immigration attorney?
- Can the airline stop you from boarding the plane to the U.S.?
- What is an SB-1 visa and how hard is it to get?
Speakers in this episode are:
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.