HelpNetSecurity.com reported that “In 2021, security vendors will be in a race to deliver next-generation tools and processes — an additional layer of defense — to safeguard businesses a step further. Encryption, key management and cyber resilience frameworks will emerge as everyday strategies to address compromised data, for IT security teams globally.” The December 11, 2020 article entitled “2021 predictions: The rise of cyber resilience” included these comments about “trusted execution environment (TEE) technologies”:
Confidential computing will mature as more trusted execution environment (TEE) technologies emerge.
All three of the big IaaS vendors (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) are already building TEE offerings as the final frontier of data protection.
In turn, data-in-use protection will become required by emerging roles and technologies within the enterprise.
Here are all 5 key 2021 security trends:
- Zero trust architectures solidify.
- Confidential computing will mature as more trusted execution environment (TEE) technologies emerge.
- Data security hits CxO primetime.
- Adoption of new encryption tech emerges ahead of 2020's predicted curve.
- The “separation of lock and key” becomes a requirement.
Good advice because we need to protect ourselves in 2021!
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.