On January 6, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. EST, Morrison & Foerster Partners James Tanenbaum and Anna Pinedo will lead a PLI webcast entitled "Financings in Close Proximity to Acquisitions." Often, public companies would like to raise capital in connection with a proposed acquisition. Depending upon the significance of the acquisition, its probability, and the timing of various announcements, the company and its advisers may face a number of challenges in devising a capital-raising plan. Topics will include:
- Materiality of acquisitions;
- Assessing probability of an acquisition;
- When should an effective shelf registration become subject to black out;
- Conducting a private offering and wall-crossing investors;
- Nasdaq shareholder vote issues;
- Effecting a 144A-qualifying offering to QIBs; and,
- Confidentially marketed public offerings.
PLI will provide CLE credit.
To register for this session, or for more information, please click here.
Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Morrison & Foerster LLP. All rights reserved