To seek disqualification of a prior reference based on a joint research agreement, the applicant needs to provide a statement and must also amend the specification to disclose the names of the parties to the joint research agreement. This can be found at 35 USC 103(c)(2) and 37 CFR 1.71(g).

The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.