- US – Ongoing Consideration by NAIC of Reserve Financing, Use of Captives, and Principle-Based Reserving
- US – Regulatory Initiatives Relating to Acquisitions of Insurers by Private Equity Firms
- US – Efforts to Extend TRIA Advance in US Congress
- US – NAIC Group Solvency Issues (E) Working Group Exposure Draft
- UK – Solvency II Implementation Update
- UK – Budget 2014 Brings Sweeping Changes to Annuities
- UK – EIOPA Europe-wide Stress Test for InsurersChina – New Measures on Administration of Acquisitions and Mergers of Insurance Companies
- China – Liberalization of Marine Insurance in the China(Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone
- Hong Kong – Insurance Companies (Amendment) Bill 2014 Gazetted 13
- Hong Kong – SFC Enhances Supervision of Investment-Linked Insurance
To view the original article please click here.
Originally published Second Quarter 2014
Keywords: NAIC, reserve financing, private equity, TRIA, insolvency
Visit us at mayerbrown.com
Mayer Brown is a global legal services provider comprising legal practices that are separate entities (the "Mayer Brown Practices"). The Mayer Brown Practices are: Mayer Brown LLP and Mayer Brown Europe – Brussels LLP, both limited liability partnerships established in Illinois USA; Mayer Brown International LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales (authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and registered in England and Wales number OC 303359); Mayer Brown, a SELAS established in France; Mayer Brown JSM, a Hong Kong partnership and its associated entities in Asia; and Tauil & Chequer Advogados, a Brazilian law partnership with which Mayer Brown is associated. "Mayer Brown" and the Mayer Brown logo are the trademarks of the Mayer Brown Practices in their respective jurisdictions.
© Copyright 2014. The Mayer Brown Practices. All rights reserved.
This Mayer Brown article provides information and comments on legal issues and developments of interest. The foregoing is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed herein.