- What do boards need to know about sustainability ratings? Silda Wall Spitzer and John Mandyck discuss in the Harvard Business Review.
- Growing its education investments, Omidyar Network expanded its educational agenda to include investments in both early childhood and adult education programs.
- Canada announced a plan to ban single-use plastics by 2021 and introduce standards and targets for companies that manufacture plastic products or sell items with plastic packaging so these companies become responsible for their plastic waste.
- Social Finance was awarded the 2019 Grunin Prize for its Veterans CARE social impact bond, which aims to expand a workforce development program serving up to 480 veterans in Massachusetts and New York.
- Britain launched the Impact Investing Institute, a government-backed organization that will conduct research and press for more funds to be allocated to the sector. The institute unites the UK National Advisory Board on Impact Investing and the Implementation Taskforce.
- Temasek, the Singapore-based investment firm, announced the launch of a separate private equity fund dedicated to impact investing in companies from South Asia, Southeast Asia, and China.
Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Morrison & Foerster LLP. All rights reserved