October 6, 2020, 4:30pm EDT
This year's US ECM Roundtable will be held as a virtual, two-part event, which will bring together senior market professionals to assess current themes in the industry and provide an outlook for the future.
The first webcast, titled The Great Equity Recapitalization in a Post-COVID-19 Funding Environment, will be moderated by IFR's US Editor, Stephen Lacey. The fallout of COVID-19 on US companies led to an unprecedented recapitalization that saw a record $159.4 billion of capital raised in the second quarter, utilizing all forms of funding in the ECM toolbox (convertible bonds, follow-ons, PIPEs, ATMs, etc.).
Discussion topics include:
- The effect of COVID-19 on all aspects of ECM, from fundraising to marketing
- Changes in the marketing of new issues, with virtual roadshows and compressed marketing schedules
- The booming convertible bond market
- PIPE transactions during this period
- At the market offerings as a capital raising alternative
- Notable recaps and corporate sell-downs
- Regulatory developments affecting ECM
- The Honorable Robert Jackson, former Securities and Exchange Commission Commissioner, and current Professor of Law, NYU School of Law
- Robert McCooey, Senior Vice President of Listing Services, Nasdaq
- Anna Pinedo, Co-leader of Capital Markets, Mayer Brown LLP
- Seth Rubin, Head of Equity Capital Markets, Stifel
- Carolyn Saacke, COO of Capital Markets, NYSE
- Michael Kuchmek, Head of ECM, Schonfeld Strategic Advisors
Visit us at mayerbrown.com
Mayer Brown is a global legal services provider comprising legal practices that are separate entities (the "Mayer Brown Practices"). The Mayer Brown Practices are: Mayer Brown LLP and Mayer Brown Europe – Brussels LLP, both limited liability partnerships established in Illinois USA; Mayer Brown International LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales (authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and registered in England and Wales number OC 303359); Mayer Brown, a SELAS established in France; Mayer Brown JSM, a Hong Kong partnership and its associated entities in Asia; and Tauil & Chequer Advogados, a Brazilian law partnership with which Mayer Brown is associated. "Mayer Brown" and the Mayer Brown logo are the trademarks of the Mayer Brown Practices in their respective jurisdictions.
© Copyright 2020. The Mayer Brown Practices. All rights reserved.
This Mayer Brown article provides information and comments on legal issues and developments of interest. The foregoing is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed herein.