The Cabinet Regulatory Tracker provides a list of upcoming effective dates, comment deadlines and compliance dates. Click on the links below to view deadlines that fall between March 16 and March 31, 2017.
For continuous real-time updates, please consult the Cadwalader Cabinet Regulatory Calendar.
- March 20: FINRA amendments to the FINRA Rule 6700 Series and the Trade Reporting and Compliance Engine dissemination protocols.
- March 27: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System ("FRB") final rule that applies an inflation adjustment to the $10 billion total consolidated asset threshold.
- March 27: FRB final rule requiring a U.S. top-tier bank holding company identified under the FRB rules as a global systemically important bank holding company to maintain outstanding a minimum amount of loss-absorbing instruments, among other measures.
- March 16: CFTC proposal that would establish minimum capital, liquidity, financial reporting and other related requirements applicable to CFTC-registered swap dealers and major swap participants.
- March 17: DOL and Employee Benefits Security Administration ("EBSA") proposal that would add a 60-day extension to (i) the applicability date defining who is a "fiduciary" under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Internal Revenue Code, and (ii) the applicability date of related prohibited transaction exemptions.
- March 20: CFTC proposal that would amend certain recordkeeping obligations.
- March 24: CFTC-proposed technical amendments to regulations that govern the registration and review of exchange disciplinary, access denial or other adverse actions.
- March 24: SEC-proposed pay ratio disclosure rule in response to unanticipated compliance difficulties reported by issuers.
- March 24: MSRB-proposed new advertising requirements.
- March 27: FINRA proposal that would create an exception to the general prohibition on providing performance projections.
- March 27: CFTC proposal that would amend swap data, registration and disciplinary review requirements.
- March 31: FINRA report that examines the implications of distributed ledger technology (or "blockchain technology") on the securities industry.
- March 20: CFTC-enhanced requirements for testing by a derivatives clearing organization of its system safeguards.
- March 23: FINRA Monthly and Fifth FOCUS Part II/IIA filing deadline for the period ending on February 28, 2017.
- March 28: FINRA Supplemental Inventory Schedule Form filing deadline for the month ending on February 28, 2017.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.