The Employment & Benefits group is pleased to announce the publication of A Global Guide to Employee Data Privacy, the latest in our series of global guides.
Benefits of the Guide
Our largest guide to date, it is designed to help employers with operations in more than one country navigate the specific, and increasing, challenges of handling employee data in different jurisdictions. Covering 55 key countries in the Americas, Asia and EMEA, the guide contains the following:
- Key Questions & Answers
- The application of the new European General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") alongside national laws in European Union (EU) jurisdictions;
- The laws regulating the collection, use and/or handling of applicant and employee personal data;
- The requirement to have privacy policies, statements or similar agreements to deal with employee data;
- Best practice for retaining employee personal data;
- The restrictions on transferring employee data overseas or to third parties;
- Sanctions for breaching the relevant laws; and
- Potential pitfalls when collecting, using and/or handling employee data.
- GDPR Overview – highlighting the major changes and requirements introduced by the GDPR, affecting businesses both within and outside the EU.
- "In Brief" and "In Detail" Guidance – ensuring the guide will be a valuable starting point, providing both quick reference and more substantive content across all jurisdictions.
How to Download the Guide
A Global Guide to Employee Data Privacy is available as a print-friendly, interactive PDF and as an ebook. To access each format, please:
Visit us at mayerbrown.com
Mayer Brown is a global legal services provider comprising legal practices that are separate entities (the "Mayer Brown Practices"). The Mayer Brown Practices are: Mayer Brown LLP and Mayer Brown Europe – Brussels LLP, both limited liability partnerships established in Illinois USA; Mayer Brown International LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales (authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and registered in England and Wales number OC 303359); Mayer Brown, a SELAS established in France; Mayer Brown JSM, a Hong Kong partnership and its associated entities in Asia; and Tauil & Chequer Advogados, a Brazilian law partnership with which Mayer Brown is associated. "Mayer Brown" and the Mayer Brown logo are the trademarks of the Mayer Brown Practices in their respective jurisdictions.
© Copyright 2018. The Mayer Brown Practices. All rights reserved.
This Mayer Brown article provides information and comments on legal issues and developments of interest. The foregoing is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed herein.