As women in professional industries such as finance, healthcare, and law continue to make strides in breaking down barriers, there still remains great gender disparity when examining the leadership levels. Host Michael Cohen is joined by Amanda Zablocki and Danielle Vrabie, founders of the Women in Healthcare Leadership Collaborative at Sheppard Mullin to explore the challenges and opportunities presented for women in the healthcare industry.
Amanda Zablocki is an attorney in the Corporate Practice Group in Sheppard Mullin’s New York office and is a member of the firm’s healthcare practice team. Amanda's practice is focused on representing healthcare and tax-exempt organizations on a wide range of business, regulatory and transactional matters.
Danielle Vrabie is an attorney in the Business Trials Practice Group in Sheppard Mullin’s New York office and a member of the firm’s healthcare practice team. Danielle represents corporate clients and individuals in complex commercial litigation and government and regulatory investigations throughout the country. She focuses much of her practice on serving healthcare and life sciences clients.
What We Discussed in This Episode:
- What are some of the challenges facing women in the healthcare industry?
- What led to the formation of the Women in Healthcare Leadership Collaborative?
- Has the number of women entering the medical profession increased over the years?
- What type of issues affect gender parity in various industries like law and business?
- What are the benefits of bringing together women in leadership positions from various industries to discuss salient issues facing their sectors?
- What type of events does the WHLC plan for women in leadership?
- Why is it important for men to join the WHLC initiative as well?
Michael’s book recommendation - Passions of the Western Mind by Richard Tarnas
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.