In this edition of Pensions Round-Up we look at key developments in pensions legislation, case law and regulatory guidance from December 2019 including:
- The Pensions Regulator: the publication of the Regulator's latest compliance and enforcement bulletin; and a report on the latest Perceptions Tracker survey.
- Pension Protection Fund: the final levy rules for the 2020/21 levy year; and a consultation on the approach to measurement of insolvency risk from 2021/22.
- Case law: a judgment from the Court of Justice of the European Union concerning the EU Directive on protection of employees in the event of the insolvency of their employer.
- Public service pension schemes: a statement about arrangements in relation to the NHS Pension Scheme for the 2019/20 tax year.
- Other news: the publication by the Financial Conduct Authority of final rules to extend the remit of Independent Governance Committees.
- On the Horizon: a timeline of some of the key future developments in pensions to help employers and trustees plan ahead.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.