Top tips on making redundancies
1. Identify whether a redundancy situation exists
2. Consider alternatives – don't conclude any decisions until consultation has been completed
3. Carry out a fair selection of employees at risk of redundancy
4. Ensure appropriate individual and (if relevant) collective consultation, is carried out
5. Search for, and offer, any suitable alternative employment
6. Notify the employee of termination by reason of redundancy
7. Check if the employee is entitled to receive redundancy pay and calculate according to the statutory formula and any company enhanced redundancy scheme
About our HR How to Guides
These bite-sized reference guides provide an outline of the processes commonly managed by HR in the workplace. They do not provide full detail of these processes and are not a substitute for legal advice, particularly as every situation will depend on the particular circumstances.
Download >> How To Guide: Managing Redundancies
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.