An Opposition is the only way to challenge the validity of a European Patent centrally and can result in the complete revocation of the patent in all designated states.
In this podcast episode, Dehns Partner and Oppositions expert Laura Ramsay takes a look at Oppositions and how the system works in Europe:
- What is an Opposition?
- What are the grounds for Opposition and what's the procedure?
- When does an Opposition need to be filed?
- What if someone files an Opposition against one of my granted patents?
- How long can the process take and how much might it cost?
- How can a patent attorney help?
All these questions, and more, are answered by Laura in less than 15 minutes - click on the image below to listen in.
'The IP Podcast' can also be found on Spotify, iTunes and Google Podcasts. Search for "Dehns IP" and subscribe to make sure you never miss an episode!
To listen the podcast click here
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.