This regular alert covers key regulatory EU developments related to the COVID-19 situation. It does not purport to provide an exhaustive overview of developments and contains no analysis or opinion.
LATEST KEY DEVELOPMENTS
Competition & State Aid
- European Commission addresses State aid support in Communication on tackling nonperforming loans in the aftermath of COVID-19 pandemic
- European Commission Executive Vice-President Margrethe Vestager speech on hydrogenrelated projects, including potential support by COVID-19 recovery funds
- EU approves new and amended Member State measures to support the economy
Trade / Export Controls
- European Parliament and EU Member States reach political agreement on new Customs Programme for 2021-2027
- European Commission publishes second Counterfeit and Piracy Watch List
Medicines, Medical Devices, and Personal Protective Equipment
- European Commission grants conditional marketing authorization for Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
- Moderna COVID-19 vaccine: European Commission purchases additional doses and EMA accelerates approval timeline
- European Commission adopts a proposal for a Council Recommendation on use and validation of rapid COVID-19 tests
Cybersecurity, Privacy & Data Protection
- European Medicines Agency pursues investigation of cyberattack
To view the full article, please click here.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.