Were you aware that the Home Office are permitted to conduct unannounced compliance visits to identify if you are aware of and comply with your sponsor duties and if you have sufficient means of tracking Migrant activity?
As a Tier 2 sponsor licence holder, you are required to fulfil your sponsor duties, which comprise of:
- Reporting duties
- Record keeping
The lists of reporting duties and documents you must keep on file for your sponsored Migrants have been altered and the Home Office can update these lists at any time. Therefore Sponsors must ensure that they are compliant at all times and carry out their duties in accordance with these updates.
Top 5 Reporting Duties Tier 2 Sponsor Licence holders are not aware of:
- A promotion or change in job title,
or core duties (under the same SOC code) of a sponsored Migrant
must be reported within 10 working days.
If the new job role falls under a different SOC code, this is deemed to be a change of employment and a new CoS is required.
- Level 1 users must log into the sponsorship management system monthly.
- Changes to a sponsored Migrant's salary must be reported via the sponsorship. management system.
- Key Personnel: If the Authorising Officer leaves your organisation, you must submit a request to replace them. Level 1 and Level 2 users must also be removed if they leave the organisation.
- Change in office address must be reported within 10 working days.
Failure to comply
A licence can be downgraded to 'B Rating', suspended or in extreme circumstances, a licence can be revoked.
Should a licence be revoked, all Migrants visas will be curtailed and their employment must terminate immediately.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.