The Fall 2020 Edition of the quarterly IT & Data Protection Newsletter by Reed Smith Germany has just been released:
In this edition we cover the following topics:
1. Data transfers following Schrems II
2. German Supreme Court: Relationship between the GDPR and the German Act on the Protection of Copyrights in Works of Art and Photographs with respect to media privilege
3. Munich Regional Court I: Right to obtain copies of personal data in accordance with article 15 (3) deemed comprehensive
4. Damages under GDPR
5. Frankfurt/Oder Regional Court: Marketing consent must be clear and specific
6. Update on influencer advertisement requirements
The newsletter also includes multiple recommendations for reading of publications of the European Data Protection Board, the EU Commission, and the German data protection authorities.
We hope you enjoy reading it.
Originally Published by Reed Smith, November 2020
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.