Our UK construction team prepares a monthly summary of new and proposed legislation for Construction Law which is published as the "New and proposed legislation: State of Play table".
A list of the legislation and consultations on which we commented in July are set out below - with a link to the pdf version of the table's July edition.
- Climate change: UK net zero carbon target set for 2050
- Climate change: new framework for the transition of new and existing buildings to become net zero carbon by 2050
- Licensing: Construction Licensing Task Force set up
- Value Added Tax: VAT reverse charge for building and construction services
- Building regulations: reforms to the building safety regulation system – government consultation
- Modern slavery: final report of the Independent Review issued
These materials are re-published here with the kind permission of Construction Law. To subscribe to Construction Law, click here: http://www.constructionlaw.uk.com.
Dentons is the world's first polycentric global law firm. A top 20 firm on the Acritas 2015 Global Elite Brand Index, the Firm is committed to challenging the status quo in delivering consistent and uncompromising quality and value in new and inventive ways. Driven to provide clients a competitive edge, and connected to the communities where its clients want to do business, Dentons knows that understanding local cultures is crucial to successfully completing a deal, resolving a dispute or solving a business challenge. Now the world's largest law firm, Dentons' global team builds agile, tailored solutions to meet the local, national and global needs of private and public clients of any size in more than 125 locations serving 50-plus countries. www.dentons.com.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.