It is still possible to purchase insurance abroad without permission from the Ministry of Finance where:
- receipt of written refusals to sell the desired policy from at least three Polish insurance companies;
- where fewer than three Polish insurance companies have the right to sell the desired type of insurance - a written refusal from the entities offering such a policy is essential.
Tax laws and practise are constantly being revised and, whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information in this tax newsletter is accurate and timely, no decision should be taken on the basis of the information herein without first consulting with KPMG Polska.
- no such policy is available in Poland;
- where the policy is outside Poland and is required by local law;
- where required by international convention.
Should you have any questions in relation to the above issues, please contact:
Oliver Sinton KPMG Polska LIM Center - Marriott Hotel - IX floor Al. Jerozolimskie 65/79 00-697 Warsaw, Poland Tel: +48 (22) 630 7236 Fax: +48 (22) 630 6355
This information was correct as of 3 July 1996.