Nevis is a leading international Caribbean financial centre with a good reputation and excellent compliance standards.
What Advantages Does Nevis Offer as a Location for the Establishment of an International Business Corporation (IBC)?
- Nevis does not levy VAT or other indirect taxes on IBCs and there is NO income tax, NO capital gains tax, NO wealth tax, NO death duty or inheritance tax.
- The island is independent and offers a stable political and economic environment. Legislative and fiscal independence mean that the island can respond quickly to the needs of business.
- New legislation is regularly introduced to offer a greater variety of relevant international corporate vehicles. These include, Limited Liability Corporations (LLCs), International Business Corporations, Registered Trusts, Multiform Foundations, Insurance Companies and Mutual Funds.
- Nevis is a former British Colony which applies a common law legal system (similar to the English legal system).
- Nevis is a well regulated jurisdiction and is recognised as such by FATF (Financial Action Task Force) and OECD (Organisation for Co-operation and Development).
How Easy is it to Form a Nevis IBC?
- The incorporation process is very simple and takes less than 24 hours.
- Name reservations can take place instantly and are free for up to 10 days.
- Companies can be incorporated to conduct any lawful business.
- The director(s) and/or secretary can be located anywhere in the world and can be a person or a legal entity.
- Authorised share capital can be denominated in any recognised national currency.
- Bearer shares may be allowed with special permission. These must then be immobilised at the registered office by the registered agent.
What are the Benefits of a Nevis IBC?
- Privacy is retained as there are no Government or Public Registers for details of the officer(s) or beneficial owner(s). These registers are maintained by the registered agent, such as Dixcart, at the registered office.
- No annual company reporting is required.
- Nevis IBCs are able to amend their articles of incorporation relatively easily and they can also merge or consolidate with foreign corporations or other Nevis corporations.
- Nevis LLCs can be converted into IBCs in a straightforward and speedy manner.
- It is easy to redomicile foreign entities into and out of Nevis.
- An “emergency” redomicile of foreign entities is available.
- It is possible for a Nevis IBC to be classified as “Nevis resident” and for a tax residency certificate to therefore be issued.
The Dixcart office in Nevis can provide further information regarding Nevis IBCs and the advantages that this jurisdiction offers. Dixcart Management Nevis Limited is a Registered Agent for the establishment and management of Nevis IBCs.
Originally published on 17 November 2015
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.