The Ministry of Lands has issued a public notice informing the public of the temporary closure of the Nairobi and the Central Lands Registries at Ardhi House from Monday, 24 February 2020 to Friday 13 March 2020 for purposes of undertaking an audit of all land records in Nairobi City County.
Services at all other registries (Mombasa and the various County/District Registries) will not be affected.
The temporary closure will affect all services at the two registries including, but not limited to:
- All payments for services at the registries (registration fees, consent fees);
- All registrations including transfer of lease and transfer of land, short term leases, easements etc;
- Application for land searches;
- Valuation, endorsement and assessment of stamp duty;
- Franking of land and other transaction documents including but not limited to transfers, share transfers and contracts;
- Issuance of consent (for transfer, lease, charge, further charge);
- Payment and issuance of Land Rent Clearance Certificates; and
- Application and withdrawal of caution/caveats/restrictions.
The notice is silent as to whether land-related services that are currently available through the LIMS (eCitizen) portal and at Huduma Centres will still be available.
Normal services at the Nairobi Lands Registry and the Central Registry at Ardhi House will resume on Monday, 16 March 2020.
Click here to read the notice.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.