Government of Mauritius has introduced in March 2000 a Regional Headquarters Scheme to promote the Country as a prime base for regional headquarters. The Scheme is aimed at corporations wishing to provide headquarters services to related companies in the Region.
- Access to offshore banks and financial services
- Safe & secure living conditions
- Superb climate (150C - 280C)
- Modern Infrastructure & Telecommunications
- Multi lingual & qualified professionals
- Preferential access to regional markets
- Excellent network of double taxation avoidance treaties
- No exchange control
- Freeport facilities
- Permanent Residence Scheme for operators investing US$ 500, 000 and above.
- Convenient time zone
- Frequent air and sea links.
- Conditions For Application
A company applying for a Regional Headquarters Certificate should provide at least two of the following services:
- Administration and management
- Business planning and coordination
- Procurement of raw materials and components
- Corporation finance advisory services
- Marketing control and sales promotion planning
- Regional training and personnel management
- Treasury and fund management
- Logistic services
- R&D services and product development
- Regional technical support and maintenance
- Data/information management and processing
- Business development
On a case to case basis, any other related services of economic benefit may also be considered.
RHQ companies should have a minimum share capital of Rs 1 million (US$ 1 = Rs 25).
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.