The Government has been issuing numerous advisories, notifications and relaxations to enable companies to face the hardships caused by the spread of COVID-19 and equip them to better handle the situation. The Courts have also been very proactive in granting various reliefs. In this section, we give you ready access to some of the key Government notifications, advisories, court orders and notices released this week.
8 October 2020
Delhi High Court continues suspended functioning for courts in Delhi till 30 November 2020
In continuation of its order dated 30 September 2020, the Delhi High Court has extended the suspended functioning of its work till 30 November 2020. Additionally, the cases instituted in 2018, 2019 and 2020 will be taken up as per roster with effect from 17 November 2020. Further, the cases already listed before the Court upto 20 October 2020 have been adjourned en bloc.
Please click here for the Order dated 8 October 2020.
Please click here for the Order dated 30 September 2020.
6 October 2020
SOPs for Exhibition of Films on preventive measures to contain spread of COVID-19
Following the orders of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) permitting the opening up of cinemas/ theatres/ multiplexes with up to 50% of their seating capacity from 15 October 2020, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) has released the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the same. The SOPs for exhibition of films provide various generic precautionary measures to be adopted in addition to specific measures to be ensured during exhibition of films to prevent spread of COVID-19 and pertain to the following:
- General Guidelines
- Entry & Exit Points
- Seating Arrangements
- Physical Distancing Norms
- Staggered Show Timings at Multiplexes
- Booking and Payments
- Sanitization of the Premises
- Staff Related Measures
- Public Awareness
- Anti-stigma Behaviour
- Food and Beverage Area
Please click here to access the SOP issued by MIB.
Please click here to access the MHA guidelines for reopening.
6 October 2020
Competition Commission of India issues SOP for virtual hearings
The CCI has issued Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to be followed for virtual hearings as follows:
- For conducting hearings through Video Conferencing, a URL would be sent through email in advance to one concerned authorized representative of each party, who, in turn, would circulate the same to the party to whom it is representing and the other authorized representative(s)/ senior counsel and their juniors, as per the protocol detailed hereinafter.
- Authorized Representatives/Parties, who wish to join virtual hearings, must sign an undertaking (as per the format indicated in the below link) of this SOP and send a scanned copy thereof through e-mail to email@example.com at the earliest, preferably a day before the hearing date.
- Only three logins (two for Authorized Representatives and one for the Party or its employee) per Party are allowed. In case a party engages a senior counsel, two additional logins will be allowed i.e. one for senior counsel and another for his/ her junior, respectively.
- The Parties and their Authorized Representatives are expected to conduct in a decorous manner at all times during virtual hearings.
- The Parties and their Authorized Representatives are strictly prohibited from recording the virtual proceedings in any manner whatsoever. Any such action shall be viewed seriously and appropriate action, as per law, would be initiated against such Parties/ Authorized Representatives.
- The Parties/ Authorized Representatives desirous of availing VC infrastructure available at CCI premises, would contact the ATD Registry (at firstname.lastname@example.org) well in advance.
- Any List of Dates/ Note of Arguments / Convenience Compilation has to be filed seven days in advance after serving copies thereof upon the other Parties.
- The Parties/ Authorized Representatives shall not share/ disclose/ disseminate the link shared with them for the purposes of VC with any other person. Also, only the Parties-in-Person and/ or Authorized Representatives shall remain present during the virtual hearings and no other person shall be allowed to attend the same.
Please click here for the SOP dated 8 October 2020.
6 October 2020
NCLT, Guwahati commences e-filing of application/petition/appeal/reply etc.
The National Company Law Tribunal, Guwahati has commenced e-filing. Accordingly, the NCLT e-filing portal will be effective from 7 October 2020. However, on opening of physical filing counters, hard copies will have to be filed along with e-filing receipt.
Please click here for the Notice dated 6 October 2020.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.