By means of Resolution No. DM131-2020, published in the Official Gazette as of March 12th, 2020, the Ministry of Labor of the Republic of Panama, particularly the Department of Labor Immigration, restricts the public attention.
- Due to the actions recommended by the Ministry of Health to prevent possible contagion for workers, employers and users, the Ministry of Labor has restricted public attention for some services.
- As of today, the biometric affiliation process and the issuance of work permit ID-cards, have been suspended for a period of fifteen (15) working days.
- The validity of work permits for all foreign workers, who expire from this date, will be extended for a period of fifteen (15) working days.
- According to the provisions of the Resolution, all work permit procedures will be managed only by attorneys or paralegals, duly authorized for this purpose.
An electronic platform for appointments, filing and notifications of work permit petitions has been enabled, through "MITRADEL Digital", on the website: www.mitradel.gob.pa
Aspects to be considered:
- This resolution complements the measures taken by the Government of the Republic of Panama to avoid crowding and preserve public health, as well as to mitigate potential risks of contagion.
- Any foreign employee who has been notified of the work permit resolution, but still does not hold the work permit ID-card, must carry a simple copy of the resolution.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.