BFSB will host its 2018 International Business and Finance Summit (IBFS) under the theme "Hitting the Reset Button" here in Nassau on Friday March 2nd at The Baha Mar Resort. This event will give industry stakeholders as well as the general public the opportunity to gain insights into the initiatives impacting the financial services sector as well as strategies to reposition the industry for long term growth and sustainability.
The financial services industry remains a key contributor to the economic development of The Bahamas, and there is potential for growth in the sector. Hence, we will look at how we can reposition the sector and chart a new course by embracing innovation and taking bold steps to remain a competitive international financial centre of choice. Speakers at this event will include:
- Mr. John Rolle, Governor of The Central Bank of the Bahamas who will speak on "Global Banking issues and the Impact on Financial Services";
- Ms. Sara Venables, Assistant Director- Deloitte UK who will examine "Tax Strategies for The Bahamas as an International Financial Centre";
- Mr. Philippe May of Arton Capital, Singapore who will look at – "The Anatomy of The Global Citizen: Residency Issues";
- Mr. L. Ryan Pinder, Partner at Graham Thompson and Former Minister of Financial Services will speak to "Base Erosion and Profit Shifting: Implications for The Bahamas";
- Mr. Dennis Deveaux, Head of Management Consulting and Data & Analytics - KPMG Bahamas who will provide insights into "How Data Analytics Can Grow Your Business";
- Ms. Susan Fulford of Dynamic Legacy (Canada) who will present on "Family Offices – Governance and The Bahamas Advantage"; and
- Mr. Don Stubbs of Scotia Wealth will examine "The Role of IFCs in the Transparent World".
Other topics to be covered include Fintech Opportunities for The Bahamas and Refining the Bahamas Value Proposition.
IBFS 2018 will bring together international thought leaders, key stakeholders and executives to discuss matters pertinent to the industry. Mark your calendar to attend IBFS 2018 for one day of dynamic discussions and networking.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 27th, 2018
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.