This month our update looks at:
- changes to the minimum wage requirements in India which starts to simplify the complex wage provisions, and guarantees minimum wage payments to all employees;
- in Singapore the case of Pradeepto Kumar Biswas v East India Capital Management Pte Ltd confirms the position that employment relationships can be implied based on the conduct of the parties;
- in Hong Kong, we consider the extended scope of springboard injunctions discussed in the case of McLarens Hong Kong Ltd v Poon Chi Fai, Corey;
- our Asia Comparative Article looks working hours and overtime rules in Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan;
- our Compliance Check reminds readers of the probationary period rules in Vietnam.
Finally, a reminder to those readers based in Sydney – we will be launching our Asia Pacific Employment Law Guide over a lunchtime learning session on 12th September. If you would like to attend, please email Rhys Paxton at Rhys.Paxton@hsf.com.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.