Morrison & Foerster LLP
250 West 55th Street
New York, NY 10019
Join a panel of experts from Stikeman Elliott LLP for a presentation and an engaged discussion of Canadian regulatory and legal developments affecting trading in derivatives with financial institutions, public mutual funds and other Canadian counterparties, including:
- Current issues in derivatives trade reporting;
- Margin requirements for non-centrally cleared derivatives–an overview of OSFI E-22 and CSA Consultation Paper 95-401;
- Future use of the ISDA Regulatory Margin Self-Disclosure Letter and the ISDA Variation Margin Protocol by market participants in Canada;
- Recent amendments to legislation affecting netting and collateral enforcement involving federal deposit taking institutions;
- Domestic recognized clearing agency recovery plans;
- Anticipated derivatives dealer/large derivatives participant registration regime;
- Considerations involving transactions with public mutual funds;
- The proposed alternative investment fund regime; and
- Implications of changes to personal property security laws affecting cash collateral.
The session will be hosted at the offices of Morrison & Foerster LLP and moderated by Morrison & Foerster lawyers.
For more information, or to register, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Morrison & Foerster LLP. All rights reserved