Following a Press Conference held on Monday 17th August 2020, a number of Legal Notices bringing into force the measures announced have been published.
The measures introduced by the Health Authorities include:
- The total prohibition as from the 28th of August of all stand up organized public mass events and all stand up organized events thus requiring weddings taking place from the 28th of August onwards, to be seated weddings with tables not exceeding 8 persons;
- The total closure of nightclubs, clubs and discos along with the prohibition of organized public boat parties as from the 19th of August;
- The requirement for bars and band clubs to only serve seated patrons and to abide by the same rules already in place with regards to restaurants as from the 19th of August;
- The prohibition of groups of more than 15 persons in public spaces as from the 19th of August;
- The extension of the mandatory use of masks when obtaining a service or visiting an indoor public place as from the 19th of August;
- The requirement as from the 22nd of August, for all travellers coming in from identified countries outside Malta to provide a negative PCR COVID-19 test performed a maximum of 72 hours prior to arrival. Should such travellers fail to produce such, they may be subjected to such test and to a quarantine order.
Individuals failing to abide by the above measures may be subjected to fines as the case may be.
Originally published August 20, 2020.