One of the most popular financial centers in Europe, Belgium has a long tradition of attracting immigrants from all over the world. An investment friendly nation, Belgium offers a favorable environment for wealthy immigrants seeking a developed nation offering long-term residence without complication conditions or requirements.
Belgium is a "financial" capital of Europe with rich international presence. The country is investor friendly and most favorable for businesses in terms of taxation.
Belgium does not offer a "citizenship by investment" program like other countries, but "residence by investment" is available for investors and business entrepreneurs.
|Country Size||30,528 km2|
|GDP (billion current USD)||508.1 ?(2013)|
|Earning per capita (current USD)||45,387.18|
|Passport Meter||Click Here|
|Cost Of Living||Click Here|
Benefits of Long-Term Residence in Belgium
- Developed European nation with quality health and educational facilities along with a stable civil society.
- Easy travel throughout the Schengen region along with visa-free travel to other developed countries.
- Option to seek residence for family members including non-EU citizens.
- No requirement to give up citizenship of the applicant’s country of origin.
- Option to apply for citizenship through naturalization.
Investment Requirements: Belgium Immigrant Investor Program
There are no minimum investment requirements to obtain temporary or long-term residence in Belgium.
Belgium requires all investor immigrants to have adequate financial resources, which means the applicant’s income and resources should be in excess of the minimum limit below which a Belgian resident becomes entitled to social assistance.
The applicant should satisfy the authorities that he/she and his/her family will not require welfare assistance during their stay in Belgium.
Minimum Stay: Belgium Immigrant Investor Program
Initially, investors are required to fulfill the conditions of obtaining a temporary visa for stay in excess of three months. After obtaining the visa, the investor can seek long-term residence permit after five years of uninterrupted stay in the country.
Documents Required: Belgium Immigrant Investor Program
- Proof of being an EU citizen.
- Valid proof of identity
- Copy of the passport
- Evidence of sufficient financial resources including personal assets and means of subsistence obtained from third parties for sustenance of the applicant and his/her family.
- Proof of adequate sickness insurance.
- Proof of accommodation in Belgium
- Proof of family relationship, marriage, or partnership with spouse or partner.
- Proof that descendants like children under the age of 21 years and ascendants like parents are dependent on the applicant.
- Non EU citizens must submit the following additional documents
- Certificate of good conduct or other character document recognized by Belgian authorities.
- Medical certificate issued by a doctor recognized by the Belgian Embassy or Consulate;
Fees: Belgium Immigrant Investor Program
Temporary Residency Visa: EUR 180
Residence Certificate: EUR 20
Inclusion of Family Members: Belgium Immigrant Investor Program
The applicant can include the following family members in the application for temporary and long-term residence permit:
- Spouse or partner,
- Children under the age of 21 years,
- Parents/grandparents in the care of the applicant,
- Spouses of the persons mentioned above.