Settlement Permit - Gainful Employment Excepted
Obtaining a Gainful Employment Excepted Settlement Permit can be the first step towards Austrian citizenship for an interested investor.
Austria is in the heart of Europe, has a rich, central European culture and is renowned for its transportation industry. Austria is one of only two countries in the Europe Union that offers "Citizenship by Investment" or "Economic Citizenship" programs. These programs grant citizenship to persons who invest substantially in the growth of Austria’s economy.
|Country Size||83871 km2|
|GDP (billion current USD)||389.9 (2014 est.)|
|Earning per capita (current USD)||45,400 (2014 est.)|
|Passport Meter||Click Here|
|Cost Of Living||Click Here|
Benefits of obtaining a settlement permit include:
- Eligibility to apply for EU long-term resident status and upon fulfillment of additional conditions, eligibility to apply for Austrian citizenship
- The right to reside in Austria throughout the duration of your settlement permit.
- Hassle-free travel throughout the EU and other developed countries.
- Access to Austria’s esteemed educational and healthcare systems.
- No requirement to renounce existing citizenship.
Austria is one of only two countries in Europe that offers citizenship opportunities to foreign and non-EU citizens who make significant financial investments in the Austrian economy. A substantial investment will provide an investor with the opportunity to obtain Austrian citizenship and an EU passport without prior residency requirements.
Minimum Income Requirements: Austria Residence Investor Program
The applicant must have a regular monthly income in the form of Austrian or foreign pensions, profits from enterprises abroad, income derived from assets, income from savings or income from ownership of company shares.
The income must not be less than twice the standard rates for the General Social Insurance Act (ASVG)
|Standard rates of the General Social Insurance Act (ASVG)||Minimum Income Requirements|
|Single Investor||€ 872.31||€ 1,744.62|
|Married couples/Partnerships||€ 1,307.89||€ 2,615.78|
|Additional rate per child||€ 135.59||€ 269.18|
Fees: Austria Residence Investor Program
Processing Time & Language Requirements
|Processing Time||Between 3-7 months|
|Language Requirements||Basic proficiency in German|
Documents Required: Austria Residence Investor Program
Documents Required for Austria Residence Investor Program:
- Valid travel documents
- Birth certificate
- Proof of Marriage, Divorce, registered partnership, dissolution of registered partnership, adoption, and all other family relationships
- Proof of death of family relative where applicable
- Proof of legal title to an accommodation in Austria
- Proof of health insurance protection
- Proof of subsistence
- Proof of proficiency in German
Application Procedure for Austria Residence Investor Program
In order to obtain an Austrian Settlement Permit, a candidate must first file an application for residential title at the Austrian consulate or embassy in his/her home country. After the application is assessed for completeness and correctness, it will be forwarded to the appropriate Provincial Governor’s Office or the duly authorised district administration body.
Click below to learn more about the Austrian government’s policies concerning immigration eligibility criteria, rules regarding residence, health insurance, inclusion of family members, and all other relevant application requirements: