Extraordinary measures are being taken to control the spread of COVID-19 in courts and administrative tribunals across British Columbia. As this situation continues to progress, we know you will have many questions and concerns. This post summarizes the latest procedural updates from courts and tribunals across the province and will be updated regularly as this situation continues to unfold.
- Supreme Court of British Columbia
- Provincial Court of British Columbia
- Court of Appeal of British Columbia
- Commissioning of Affidavits
- Federal Court
- Human Rights Tribunal of British Columbia
- Land Title Office
- Employment Standards Tribunal
- Residential Tenancy Branch of British Columbia
- Access Pro Bono
1. Supreme Court of British Columbia
l. Suspension of all regular operations
Effective March 19, 2020 and until further notice, all regular operations of the Supreme Court of British Columbia have been suspended at all of its locations. All civil matters scheduled for hearing between March 19, 2020 and May 1, 2020 are adjourned unless directed otherwise by the Court. This automatic adjournment extends to all trials, conferences and chambers applications or other hearings currently scheduled for hearing before May 1, 2020.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.