Foley's Automotive Industry Team has prepared this overview of the major trends we see affecting automotive suppliers this year. While not all legal risk can be anticipated, companies that are aware of litigation, enforcement, and regulatory trends will be one step ahead of their competition.
Top issues include:
- Product recalls, warranty issues, and safety Procedures
- Issues relating to driverless/autonomous vehicles and vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communications, telematics, and distracted driving
- Antitrust issues, including the ongoing U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) enforcement actions and increased enforcement activity by foreign authorities
- Corporate compliance relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and export controls
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) enforcement authority
- Issues relating to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
For more information concerning any of these topics, please contact your Foley representative.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.