Assignment of a trademark ensues when the proprietorship of a trademark is conveyed from one party to another whether along with or deprived of the goodwill of the business. In case of a registered Trademark, assignment should be recorded in the Register of trademarks.
Provisions regarding assignment of trademark are enumerated under Section 21D of the Act.
- Request for assignment (change of ownership) has to be made in writing to the Department.
- Both the interested parties have to file a joint application, stating the facts, along with the payment of the prescribed fee.
Following documents will be required:
- Notarized application
- Duly executed power of attorney (signed by two witnesses)
- A certified copy of the assignment deed
- Original Nepalese Registration Certificate.