- Types of Application in Nepal
Trade mark application in Nepal can be filed under following categories: -
- Ordinary Trademark Applications In Nepal - Ordinary trademark applications filed in Nepal are applications without claiming any priority.
- Priority Trademark Applications in Nepal - A priority trademark application should be filed in Nepal within six months from the date on which the trademark application was made in the convention country. For claiming priority in Nepal from a convention application, a certified copy of the priority documents needs to be filed with the Department.
- Multi Class trademark applications that cover more than 1 class of goods and services cannot be filed.
- Filing requisites in Nepal
The application for registration of trademark has to be made in the format enumerated under SCHEDULE 1(C) of The Patent, Design and Trade Mark Act, 2022 (1965).
What documents are required to be filed?
- Simply executed Power of Attorney: A simply executed Power of Attorney is required to be submitted with Department of Industry.
- Simply executed trademark application: A simply executed trade mark application in presence of two witnesses with a rubber stamp or seal is required to be submitted with Department of Industry.
- Corresponding country registration certificate: A certified copy of the corresponding registration certificate based on which the application to be filed in Nepal is required to be submitted with Department of Industry.
Department of Industry will register those specifications of goods and services which are listed in the corresponding registration certificate.
The mark will not proceed to publication in Nepalese IP Bulletin unless corresponding country registration certificate is submitted with Department of Industry.
What particulars should be mentioned while filing an application –
- Name of the applicant
- Address for communication
- Reproduction of the mark
- List of goods and services for which the registration is sought
- The prescribed fee